Forbes, an American business magazine that features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics, recently released its annual list of the richest people in the US. The 2017 list includes the following six Arizonans:
- Bruce Halle – The 87 year old founder of Discount Tire is the wealthiest individual in the Arizona and was listed at #144 by Forbes with a net worth of $4.6 billion. He currently resides in Paradise Valley.
- Mark/Joe Shoen – The brothers and co-owners of U-Haul, the American moving equipment and storage rental company based in Phoenix, were listed at #226 with $3.3 billion.
- Bob Parsons – The founder of GoDaddy, an American web hosting company, made the list at #315 with $2.6 billion.
- Arturo Moreno – The owner of the Los Angeles Angels came in at #324 with $2.5 billion.
- Bennett Dorrance – The Campell’s Soup heir was listed at #302 with $2.7 billion.
Bill Gates topped this year’s list with a net worth of $89 billion. Rounding out the top five were Jeff Bezos ($81.5 billion), Warren Buffet ($78 billion), Mark Zuckerberg ($71 billion) and Larry Ellison ($59 billion). The Forbes 400 has been published annually since 1982.