We had the extreme pleasure of receiving a tour of the Chandler Center for the Arts facility with General Manager, Michelle Mac Lennan. Located at 250 N. Arizona Ave, it is conveniently located near the Downtown Chandler area, and on the campus of the Chandler High School. The CCA is centrally located and easily accessible from any part of the valley.
Where to begin? There’s so many great things going on at the Chandler Center for the Arts (aka CCA) that it’s hard to know where to begin. The CCA is pretty impressive with it’s state of the art design throughout starting with the Grand Foyer which is perfect for meet and greets or a reception. Dr. Wendell Rossman of SPS+ Architects, is the visionary behind the acoustical masterpiece of sound which provides clear sound whether acoustic, amplified, spoken word or music. The Chandler Center of the Art’s acoustics has been coined as being the best in the country and world.
There are many opportunities for kids to get involved and have their voices heard at the CCA through various programs like Camp Kidz, Theatre Kidz, Vision Kidz and the Youth Advisory Council,
Youth Advisory Council highlights:
- Teens engage in experiential 3-hour sessions from September to February that provide hands-on real world leadership situations of a Performing Arts Center.
- Candidates are 13-18 years of age and they must currently attend a public, private, parochial, charter or home school.
- Applications are accepted each fall. Each September interviews are conducted and a maximum of 15 teens are selected.
- The Youth Advisory Council program is free of charge to all participants.
- A certificate of completion will be given to each teen at the conclusion of the program.
There are several genre’s of ongoing events available from Concerts, Comedy, Dance, Family & Theatre. The CAC also offers the following series: Classic Entertainment Series, Center Sampler & On the House Free Summer Series. Prices vary per event, however you can find a lot of concerts that are offered for free to the public. The following Performing Arts Groups have ongoing performances at the CCA: Ballet Etudes, Chandler Symphony, Tempe Dance Academy.
Local and national artists are featured throughout the year at one of four of the following exhibitions: CCA Gallery, Vision Gallery, Chandler Arts Commission & Call to Artists
Search under the Box Office link to download the 2016/2017 Season Brochure. The 2017/2018 Season Brochure will be published soon.
General Manager, Michelle Mac Lennan (in blue)